The manner of making fruit juices is almost similar in all fruits. The only difference is the inclusion of certain additives, or in the manner of preservation.
- ripe guayabano
- measuring cup and spoon
- jars or can for preserving
- muslin cloth bag
- knife, casserole
1. Wash the fruit, peel, remove seeds and core.
2. Slice in 5 cm. cubes.
3. Add 1 cup of water for every cup of guayabano juice.
4. Heat at 80°C for 3 minutes. If a thermometer is not available, heat until the fruit is soft and the juice can be extracted easily.
5. Extract the juice by means of the muslin cloth while still hot.
6. Make a second extraction by adding an equal amount of water and mix with the first extraction.
7. Put 1/4 tsp. calamansi juice for every cup of guayabano juice; add sugar to taste.
8. Put in bottles for sterilizing. Heat in a double boiler at 82°C for 15 minutes from the time the water gets hot.
9. Close well and put in the boiling water for about 10 minutes.
10. Close the bottles well; label.
Source: FNRI 1989
Fruit juice and shake business