DIFFERENT USES OF VINEGAR
According to researchers, vinegar is used, not only for food but for many other uses as well, such as:
1. To avoid much absorption of oil, put a teaspoon of vinegar in oil when frying.
2. So as to keep potatoes from blackening before boiling, put some drops of vinegar in the boiling water.
3. When cooking eggs out of its shell, put a teaspoon of vinegar in the water so that the egg white will not scatter.
4. To keep the grains of rice whole (and not splitting), put a teaspoon of vinegar in the water when cooking.
5. A teaspoon of vinegar hastens the tenderizing of meat during cooking.
1. To remove odor from bottles or jars, rinse them with water containing a small amount vinegar.
2. When dirty clothes are soaked in warm vinegar, perspiration stains will disappear.
3. Stains of scorching from ironing can be removed if the garment will be washed with vinegar water.
4. A teaspoon of vinegar added to rinsing water for nylon stockings will retain its elasticity.
5. A teaspoon of vinegar in a pint of varnish gives gloss to the varnish.
6. The smell of paint in a room can be removed by putting a small saucer of vinegar in the room.
How to make vinegar
Banana chips, pastillas, wine, vinegar, figs