Franchising Chayote catsup
- chayote onions
- garlic vinegar
- sodium benzoate pepper
- salt sugar
1. Wash the chayote, slice lengthwise.
2. Peel, remove the seed and cut into cubes.
3. Boil in little water.
4. Drain, mash well.
5. Slice the onions, garlic, hot pepper.
6. Mix well in enough vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt.
7. Cook until thick consistency is attained.
8. Dissolve a little food color if desired, in ½ cup of water; add a pinch of sodium benzoate.
9. Put in a bottle or jar; cook in a double boiler.
Source: PCARRD Farmnews May 1987
Related Links :
How to make banana catsup
Home made tomato catsup and tomato paste