To increase the protein content of the Filipino diet, researchers at FNRI (DOST) have come up with an enriched kind of noodle that can somehow supplement their protein and energy needs.
- Rice (880 grams) -- or 4½ cups
- Water (630 ml.) or 2 3/4 cups
- Soybean flour (200 grams) or 2½ cups
- Salt (30 grams) or 6 tsps.
- Cornstarch (50 grams) or ½ cup
- Bowl Mixer
- Teaspoon Kettle
- Cup Solar dryer/cabinet dryer
- Cornmill/grinder Noodle machine
1. Measure 4½ cups rice, soak in 2 3/4 boiling water for an hour.
2. Grind the soaked rice.
3. Add the 2½ cups soybean flour, 6 teaspoons salt and ½ cup ground rice.
4. Mix well for about 5-7 minutes to make dough.
5. Mold the dough into balls about 6.5 cm.-7.5 cm. diameter.
6. Cook in boiling water for 30 minutes.
7. Drain the cooked dough for about 10 minutes.
8. Pass the dough through the noodle machine to make noodles.
9. Dry the noodles in a cabinet dryer for 4 hours at 48°C-50°C or in the sun until they become brittle.
Source: FNRI (DOST)