5 Major business time wasters
When running your franchise business, you will encounter problems and activities that may waste your time. Maximize the time given to you by following some of these tips.
- Spreading yourself too thin by trying to do too many things at once. Suggestion: You must set priorities for each day and, if necessary, each hour. Get the most important things done first.
- Being afraid to delegate. Suggestion: Convince yourself that it’s not necessary to do everything yourself when running your franchise business. You can still be certain things are being done the way you want them to be when you delegate.
- Not wanting to say "no" to requests. Suggestion: You can’t say "yes" to everything without getting in over your head.
Decide what you must do---and want to do---and say "no" to all other requests.
- Being tied to the phone. Suggestions: have others screen your calls. Use an answering machine when you don’t
want to be disturbed. Schedule a telephone hour to return calls.
- Procrastinating. Suggestions: Get those unpleasant chores done first---if they important. Divide large tasks into
smaller ones. Reward yourself when you accomplish something.