Being an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) entitles you to own an OFW e-card. This is given to OFWs free of charge by the DOLE (Department Of Labor And Employment) through OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) and POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration).
Why do you need the OFW E-card?
- This proves that you are a genuine OFW through legal channels.
- This proves that you are a member of OWWA.
- This contains your picture and signature.
- This contains your personal and permanent OFW ID number.
- This serves as your Overseas Employment Certificate.
- This can be used as an exemption for paying your travel tax and terminal fee at any airport in the Philippines.
What are the additional uses of the OFW E-card?
- This can be used as an ATM card if you want to open an account from our affiliate banks.
- This can be used as a Visa Electron card and as a debit card which can be used to pay goods and services via debit from your account.
- This can be used as a discount card for accredited merchants and establishments.
At present, you can get the OFW E-card at POEA Ortigas and the POEA regional center for Visayas. This is given to returning OFW's, name hires and agency endorsed newly hires after your papers are processed by POEA and OWWA. OFW E-cards will also be given to seafarers in the coming months.