KALCOSUMAN (Squash Suman)
- ½ cup malagkit rice
- 2 cups grated squash
- 1½ cups ordinary rice
- 1/3 cup latik
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (second extraction)
- 1½ cups sugar
- banana leaves
1. Soak overnight: rice and malagkit and grind on the following day.
2. Soak the ground rice and malagkit in coconut milk until soft.
3. Add the sugar and squash.
4. Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Cool.
5. Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
6. Put two tablespoonful of the mixture in every wrap, put latik on top of each before closing.
7. Tie with string and cook for half an hour in a double boiler container.
Food business: Siopao, cassava chips & squash cutchinta