Growing children are naturally restless and move a lot because they are full of energy. And also because the parts of their body are developing, they need more energy giving foods to meet their needs for development and to replace the energy they spend. Because of this, children tend to eat more often. So, foods given to them must be nourishing ones a and not "junks." Supplementing corn with munggo gives much of the energy they need. This is enriched with Vitamins A and B.
- 5 1/4 cups corn flour (800 gms.)
- 1 3/4 cups munggo flour (200 gms.)
- 5 cups water (about 900 ml.or less than 1 liter)
- 2 cups cooking oil
- flavoring (cheese or barbecue)
1. Grind corn and munggo separately.
2. Mix them together.
3. Add the vitamins and water, knead until smooth.
4. Put the dough into aluminum molds at 1.3 cm.thick.
5. Steam for 20 minutes.
6. Let the dough pass through a slicer at 2 cm.thick and desired shapes.
7. Dry in the oven at 60°C-65°C for 2 hours or under the sun.
8. Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
9. Put in pan and sprinkle with flavoring.
10. Seal in plastic bags, serve when desired.
Iron Enriched crunchies