Franchising Pastillas, cassava cake, leche flan, yema
PASTILLAS DE LECHE
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 can condensed milk (300 ml)
- white sugar for rolling
1. Gradually sift powdered milk in condensed milk.
2. Mix and blend evenly, using spoon, then, knead with hand.
3. Set aside for 5-10 minutes before shaping into small balls.
4. Roll on sugar. Wrap in cellophane.
Pastillas de Nangka:
# Add to basic recipe ½ cup fresh, finely chopped nangka.
# Dissolve 1 tbsp. Instant coffee and 2 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa, in ¼ cup boiling water. To the basic recipe, increase powdered milk by ¼ cup.
# Using the basic recipe, roll the pastilles balls on toasted pinipig (coat well), pressing a little to the ball. Then, roll on sugar.
- 1 pkg-frozen cassava or fresh grated
- 1/4 cup-sugar
- 1/2 tsp-vanilla
- 1/2 can-coconut milk
- 2 oz.-margarine
- 1/2 can-condensed milk
- grated cheese
1. Mix sugar and margarine until smooth. Then, add the cassava and coconut milk.Add vanilla and stir.
2. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
3. Pour the condensed milk on top of the cassava cake and sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
4. Place in the oven and brown the topping.
For the bibingka:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (fresh milk can be substituted)
- 7 cups raw cassava, grated (or frozen)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- banana leaves (or use cookie sheet)
For the topping:
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (available in Asian stores)
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
1. Beat eggs and sugar till lemon colored. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into a greased 9x9 in pan lined with banana leaves (or cookie sheet).
2. Mix coconut milk with the flour. Add condensed milk and cook over medium heat till thick. Add eggyolks and mix well. Return to heat and cook 5 minutes more. Pour over baked bibingka. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil till golden brown.
ORIGINAL LECHE FLAN RECIPE
- Custard: 12 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 pint Vit D milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (lemon essence or peppermit can be substituted)
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender.
2. Pour mixture into a loaf tin lined with caramelized sugar (see below).
3. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Place tin in a larger baking pan half-filled with water.
5. Place pan in pre-heated oven (375 F) and bake flan for about 1 hour or until it is firm.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Put sugar and water in a saucepan. Caramelize in high heat. Line loaf tin with caramelized sugar. Be sure to line the sides of the pan.
EASY YEMA RECIPE
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Combine all the ingredients for the yema and cook until the mixture is thick.
2. Set aside and cool.
3. Roll into balls of about 1 inch in diameter.
4. Prepare the syrup: blend all the ingredients for the syrup.
5. Bring to a boil until syrup is caramel-colored.
6. Insert a toothpick into the yema ball and dip into the syrup.
7. Cool on greased baking pan.
sources: recipezaar abs-cbn forums