Franchising How to make cassava cake, bibingka and pudding
CASSAVA CAKE RECIPE #1
Ingredients: (Serves 8-10)
- 500 g Fresh cassava root
- 3 Eggs
- 150 g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Melted butter, plus additional for brushing
- 500 ml Thin coconut milk
- 1-2 sheets Banana leaves
- 300 ml Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Egg yolks
- 250 ml Coconut cream
- 60 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 190-C (375-F). Peel and grate the cassava to obtain 4 cups. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar, salt and melted butter. Blend in cassava and thin coconut milk.
- Wilt the banana leaves by holding over an open flame for several seconds. Line a 23 x 32 cm baking tray with the banana leaves. Brush banana leaves with butter. Pour in the cassava mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the Topping combine condensed milk, egg yolks, coconut cream and butter in a double boiler. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 20-25 minutes. Stir in lemon zest then set aside.
- Take the cassava cake out of the oven after 20 minutes and spread Topping on it.
- Return cassava cake to oven and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven when the topping turns golden brown and a knife inserted in teh centre of the cake comes out clean.
CASSAVA CAKE RECIPE #2
This is a classic Filipino dessert enjoyed year round. I hope you enjoy it! Most of the ingredients can be found in an oriental store near you.
- 2 lbs grated cassava
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut cream (Reserve 1/3 cup for Topping)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, plus
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated coconut
Topping: 3 egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. In large mixing bowl combine cake ingredients. Mix well.
3. Pour equally into two large greased rectangular pans.
4. Bake until top is no longer liquid (approximately 30 minutes).
5. Mix topping ingredients well and spread evenly on the two cakes.
6. Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
7. Cool cakes completely.
8. Slice each cake into 24 equal squares.
CASSAVA BIBINGKA RECIPE #1
- 4 c. grated cassava
- 2 c. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 c. pure coconut cream
- Grated cheese
1. Beat eggs. Add sugar, butter and salt. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add the grated cassava and coconut milk.
3. Mix well and place in a pan or bibingka mold lined with banana leaf.
4. Bake until almost done.
5. Brush with coconut cream.
6. Sprinkle with grated cheese or strips of local cottage cheese.
7. Brown top under hot cover or oven broiler, or top with pure coconut milk with sugar to taste and brown under broiler.
CASSAVA BIBINGKA RECIPE #2
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (fresh milk can be substituted)
- 7 cups raw cassava, grated (or frozen) - cassava are now available in most groceries in cities with a large Latin American or Asian population.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- banana leaves (available frozen in Philippine stores; or use cookie sheet or something)
For the topping:
- 1 cup thick coconut milk (available in Asian stores)
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
1. Beat eggs and sugar till lemon colored. Add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Pour into a greased 9x9 in pan lined with banana leaves (or cookie sheet).
3. Mix coconut milk with the flour. Add condensed milk and cook over medium heat till thick.
4. Add eggyolks and mix well.
5. Return to heat and cook 5 minutes more.
6. Pour over baked bibingka.
7. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil till golden brown.
CASSAVA PUDDING RECIPE #1
- 2 packet cassava
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 bottles sweetened young string coconut
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
1. In one bowl mix butter, cassava, milk, coconut string.
2. Pour in greased 13"x9"x2" pan.
3. Bake for an hour at 350 degrees.
CASSAVA PUDDING RECIPE #2
- 2 pounds grated cassava
- one 14-ounce can condensed milk
- one 13-ounce can evaporated milk
- one 16-ounce can less 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk
- grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 6 tablespoons coconut cream
- 6 tablespoons condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl, combine pudding ingredients (save 6 tablespoons coconut cream for topping). Mix well.
2. Pour mixture into a buttered 11-3/4 inch shallow rectangular cake pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Mix the topping ingredients well and spread evenly on top of pudding and continue baking for another 25 minutes.
sources: vietnamese-recipes.com, recipezaar, cooks, asiarecipe, recipehound, picture from dessertcomesfirst, regalfilms