How to run a good business meeting
When you have your own franchise business. Meetings are almost a daily ritual. Here are some tips on how to run a business meeting:
*Don’t compete with group members. Give their ideas precedence over yours.
* Listen to everyone. Paraphrase, but don’t judge.
* Control the dominant people without alienating them.
* Realize that your interest and alertness are contagious.
* Keep all participants informed about where they are and what’s expected of them. Keep notes on flip charts or a board that everyone can see.
* Check with the person who owns the problem to find out if an idea is worth pursuing or if a proposed business solution is satisfactory.
* Give others a turn at running the business meeting. Those who learn to lead learn how to participate.