How to be a great business manager
When managing your franchise business, take the following advice if you want to make it to the top in management:
* Develop positive vision. See success before it arrives. Example: Successful business managers---when visualizing themselves
* Walking across a high wire---see themselves walking to the other side. Business managers who struggle usually have their focus on not falling off the rope.
* Think big. Look for ideas that will be contagious and excite people.
* Encourage others to do their best. Successful business managers believe that people do want to make a significant contribution.
* Coach, counsel and develop people to live up to their potential.
* Set and maintain high expectations for all who work with you. Mediocrity does not generate a highly motivated work force.
* Overuse polite phrases. Unsuccessful business managers don’t seem to fine the time to say "please" and "thank you."