Franchising Fuel from carabao dung and rice hulls
FUEL FROM CARABAO DUNG AND RICE HULLS
Cattle dung and rice hulls can be used as fuel for cooking purposes, especially in rural areas where firewood is getting scarce.
1. Mix in a pail or in any available basin or kerosene can one part rice hull to six parts fresh manure. Animal manure should be fresh and moist so it can bind the mixture when dry.
2. Mix the mixture thoroughly with the use of shovels.
3. Press the mixture to remove the excess moisture.
4. Pour the mixture into tall milk cans which serve as mold. Both ends of the can should be opened to facilitate removal of the briquettes.
5. Remove the molds and dry the briquettes to the sun for three to four days. At this stage, the briquettes have a moisture content of around eight to 12 percent.