Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Franchising Start a button business


Make a profit and have fun at the same time by starting your own button business. All you need is a computer and a printer for designing button graphics, a button assembly machine, and a little marketing skill. Use this simplified marketing plan as a worksheet to get you started.

Target Market - Who are my primary and secondary customers?


  • Churches
  • Community organizations
  • Corporations
  • Fan clubs
  • Group fund-raisers
  • Hospitals
  • Libraries
  • Musical Groups
  • Photographers
  • Political parties
  • Printers
  • Restaurants
  • Retail stores
  • Schools and universities
  • Souvenir shops
  • Sports teams

Location

  • Where will my business be located?
  • What geographic range will I serve?
  • Advantages and disadvantages of my location.

Competition - Research promotional product companies, trophy producers, printing companies, photography studios/labs, etc. in your area.

Strengths & Weaknesses - Compared to my competition what are my strenths and weaknesses?

  • Unique Selling Proposition
  • What will set me apart from my competition?
    o Examples: creative designs, fast turnaround, low prices, high quality buttons, friendly service.

Marketing Objectives - What are my marketing objectives?

  • Examples: launch my business, increase my client base, earn a profit after expenses, increase repeat customers, increase my staff, generate qualified leads, distinguish myself from my competition.

Marketing Budget - How much money will I allocate for marketing activities?

Advertising - What forms of media will I use to effectively advertise my products and services?

  • Billboards
  • Direct mail
  • Flea markets or fairs
  • Internet
  • Magazines
  • Newspapers
  • Personal contacts
  • Radio
  • Television
  • Trade associations
  • Yellow pages

Product & Service Pricing

  • Are my prices in line with my image?
  • Do my prices cover costs and leave a profit margin?
  • How do my prices compare to the competition?

Evaluation - After 6-12 months have passed ask yourself the following questions and set new marketing goals.

  • Did my marketing/promotional materials bring in expected customers?
  • Did my marketing plan educate my customers about all my products/services?
  • Did displays complement my overall marketing program and meet my objectives?
  • How did my marketing efforts rate against my competition's?
  • Did my business monitor the program to learn what clients were saying about our products/services?
  • What kind of customer feedback/comments did I receive?

For equipments and supplies you can go to any arts & shops store, or you can visit ButtonBiz for additional information. source: http://www.buttonbiz.com/

No comments: