POLVORON FROM CRAB/SHRIMP SHELLS
- 1 cup shrimp/crab shell powder
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- butter & margarine to flavor
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
1. Soak shrimp shell/crab carapace in fresh clean water.
2. Wash and clean thoroughly.
3. Drain and dry (sun-dry for at least 10 days)
4. Pound the carapace and shrimp shell, then grind to powder.
5. Strain or sift.
1. Toast all-purpose flour and powdered milk separately from crab/shrimp powder until golden brown.
2. Toast the crab/shrimp powder.
3. Sift together 1 and 2.
4. Prepare butter solution, and gradually mix in all ingredients.
5. Cook, wrap and pack.
For further inquires contact:
Mrs. Viden Elpos
Concepcion Polytechic College
5013 Concepcion, Iloilo City
Tel. (033) 392-0337, 320-8098
KROPECK FROM SHRIMP HEADS
- 1 kilo shrimp heads (blanched)
- 1/2 kilo rice
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vetsin
- pinch of black pepper
- 5 tbsp. limewater (prepared by dissolving 1 tbsp. lime in 1 cup water)
1. Soak rice in water overnight. Then grind together with the shrimp heads, which were previously blanched. The ground mixture should be very fine.
2. Mix salt, vetsin, limewater, and black pepper for flavoring.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased pan -- an aluminum pie plate can serve the purpose.
4. Steam for two or three minutes. Then slice into desired sizes.
5. Dry the kropeck under the sun for one to two days until it turns brittle.
6. Finally, fry the dried kropeck.