- 1 kilo of pork skin 4 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt vetsin and pepper
1. Boil the pork skin in a sufficient amount of the prepared solution until tender.
2. After boiling, cool and remove the fat portion.
3. Slice into desired sizes.
4. Dry under the sun until firm.
5. Deep-fry at about 188 C and strain.
6. Pack in plastic bags.
The basic ingredients for making mayonnaise are lemon juice or vinegar, salad oil or winterized oil not less than 65% or 2/3, egg yolk or whole egg, and sugar, salt and spices (paprika, mustard) and vetsin. However, substitutions may be made.
- 1 cup lard (or cooking oil)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/2 tbsp. 4.5 vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. iodized salt
- 1 tsp. white sugar
1. Separate yolk from the whole egg and place it in a clean and dry quart-sized bowl.
2. Using a table fork, beat egg yolk rapidly and continuously until light yellow, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add salt and beat well.
4. Add oil (or lard) by drops, beating well after each addition until about 1/4 cup is used.
5. Add ½ tsp. vinegar and beat well.
6. Add lard alternately with the vinegar and beat vigorously after each addition. Increase the amount of oil added by half tablespoon when the mayonnaise has already formed a stable emulsion.
7. Continuously beat the emulsion after all the oil (or lard) and vinegar have been added.
8. Place the mayonnaise dressing in a sterile dry bottle (or jar) and seal tightly.
9. Store in a screened cabinet at room temperature until use.
source: ncc.gov.ph, picture from www.engbeetin.com