There are few careers that offer so many benefits. As a florist (floral designer or flower shop owner), you will be surrounded by beauty every day and have a career that is fun and interesting. You will have a hands-on job that gives you a sense of satisfaction with the results of your work. If you start your own florist business you can enjoy the freedom and financial rewards of being your own boss.
As a florist you will be involved with some of the most significant moments in people's lives. From birthdays to bar mitzvahs to just because, florists help people show they care. As a florist, you will help people:
- express love with an elegant box of long-stemmed roses for Valentine's Day
- welcome a new baby into the world with arrangements of delicate pink and blue flowers
- honor mom with a beautiful bouquet on Mother's Day
- celebrate a wedding with custom-designed bouquets and other flowers
- enjoy holiday occasions with items such as poinsettia plants and pine wreaths at Christmas
- brighten someone's stay in a hospital
- add the perfect touch to parties and other events
- remember loved ones with beautiful floral on funeral and all souls day
- corsage and garlands on your child's graduation day or prom night
As long as you have the desire, you can become a florist. No special education or experience is necessary to break into this career and succeed. source: Fabjob
Seminar and Training
Fresh Flower Arrangement and Flower Shop Operation and Management (with field trip)
Apr 25-27 at 8-4:30 Php 3,729
Flower arrangement tutorial
1. Basic design - By watching nature, you can see many basic design rules. How do the flowers grow? Are they reaching for light? If you want a professional look in most cases, you will apply the rules of how flowers grow.
2. A must tools and supplies for flower shops.
3. Taping - fresh or silk flowers is one of the most important parts of working in the floral business. It is really easier than it looks.
4. Make a Bow- As a florist, bow making is second nature. For someone who doesn't make bows often, this will work great and cost pennies.
5. Wiring - of your floral products is a very important part of floral work. Although hot glue and floral glue has taken the place of wiring many items, some will hold better and longer with wiring.
6. Care and handling tips.
7. Anchoring - is also an important part of floral mechanics.
8. Choosing containers- Floral Designs are now arranged in almost every kind of container. There are certain rules however, which will ensure your floral piece looks professional.
9. Potted plants.
10. Selling Your Talent- When you sell your talent, you are selling yourself. Knowing your market is key.